PREVIOUS

ABOUT
All my previous attempts at blogging since '01 till '05 have failed due to the lack of interest in blogging, resulting in infrequent posts. I suppose this will be my final go at it. Wish me luck.

PERSON
051188; ; #7 & #24; Teenager 17; Female; Singaporean ; Student ; Rafflesian; Ex thirteener; Tripper; Enjoys Football, Web Design; Untalkative not quiet; Supports Manchester United and the Lions; Almost always busy;

FOOTBALL
Team/ Club: Manchester United
Started Supporting: Since young, early 90s around the age of 5
Heroes no longer at club: Irwin, Sheringham, Yorke, King Cantona, Schmeichel, Jaap, KEANO
Heroes still there: Giggs, Scholes, Solskjaer
Admired: Argentina [Riquelme, Aimar, Saviola, MESSI!]

DESKTOP

GROUP BLOGS
:: 1S03E
:: 25ths
:: 413
:: Io'ren
:: Soccer

FRIENDS
:: Alittleflick
:: Amos
:: Benny
:: Boredphuckers
:: Cedric
:: Chinghui
:: Chorkiang
:: Choryen
:: Darren
:: Debbie
:: Denise
:: Elly and Zit
:: Eunice
:: Faith
:: Gina
:: Jloh
:: Joshua
:: Justin Lin
:: Justin Chiam
:: Kaishi
:: Kangya
:: Kayleigh
:: Kenny
:: Kenneth
:: Lionel
:: Matthew
:: Puisan
:: Qixian
:: SamJo
:: Taoni
:: Team-B
:: Team-X
:: Tsai
:: Wenyi
:: Xin Ling
:: Xinyi
:: Ying Hui
:: Zed

WISHLIST
:: Focus & Determination
:: Laptop
:: External Hard Drive
:: Turf boots
:: Premiership 05/06
:: FA Cup 05/06
:: League Cup 05/06
:: Champions League 05/06
:: CHELSEA TO DIE forever

CONTACT
E-mail: hiddencolours @ hotmail.com
MSN: hiddencolours @ hotmail.com
Friendster: hiddencolours @ hotmail.com
nepharion at redcafe.net

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Argentina

Wow. I waited 4 years for this. Definitely worth the wait.


^______________________^ !!!

My favourites - Messi, Saviola, Aimar, Riquelme all on the same squad!!!!!! What more could I ask for?!?! Okay maybe a class keeper in the sqaud too. (Since Roa there hasn't been any).

Wish Aimar would have a little more playing time. Though I think Riquelme and Aimar on the pitch at the same time wouldn't work very well.

I wouldn't go as far as too say I support Argentina though. I said I did in 2002 and got ticked off by angry italian fans who thought I didn't know what support meant. I didn't understand what they meant, but now I do. They were right. When I look at the way the Argentines cheer for their own country or any other fan cheer for their own country- I know that's probably it.

What I like about Argentina is their squad/players. That's why I like to watch them play and get high when they do well. But 30 years down the road, when my favourite players have retired and the entire Argentine squad has changed, I can't say for certain that I'll still like them. It's not so much about Argentina as a country winning the world cup, but the players I like achieving their dream.

If they don't win - I'll definitely feel a bit gutted - but only because I know that Messi, Riquelme, Aimar, Saviola are feeling sad too. To me, they're already #1 and they don't need to win the world cup to prove it.

On the other hand. No matter who's in Singapore's squad, even if our world ranking drops from #92 to #150. I'll still want them to win no matter what. Maybe it's foolish to hope that they'll one day qualify for the world cup finals, but they're still our team. Nothing's going to change that. I guess that's support.

---

Link to second goal:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=z0O7KkZn4rk&search=argentina%20second%20goal

---

On a side note:
Although I do like Riquelme, I do think he's over-rated. He's not that good. Also very evident that Messi is class, just hope he doesn't grow up to be a prick like Maradona. I'll be disappointed if he does.

Anyway tribute to the Argentines not at WC 2006:
Zanetti!!!, Veron, Kily Gonzalez (all inter players at one point or another) haha.

I still feel as though this world cup hasn't got enough hype ._.

I mean 2002 had Live for Love United music video. I want something like that again!

"The ball is travelling in your direction... Give it all of your attention. Pick it up and pass it on" =p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home